Monday, October 31, 2011

Someone I Called 'Ibu' (Mother)

In my previous entries, i did mention about Ibu few times. Well today, i feel like telling the world about my Ibu and how special she is because i missed her today.

Most of Ibu's family side, called their mothers 'Ibu'. Even my cousins; Jasha, Norma and Satrea in Germany who are half Malay and half German call their mothers 'Ibu'. For me, the word 'Ibu' sounded softer compared to other names the Malays had called their mothers like 'Mak' and 'Umi'. Do not judge me. This is only my personal opinion. Everybody has their own thoughts and opinions, right?

Now back to Ibu. My Ibu is currently 62 years old. I used to live with her during my first years of marriage but after all, who wants to be left behind when everybody is looking for freedom and independence as a wife and mommie after being married. I want to live on my own, being able to cook my meals and be alone with my family. It is not that i do not like to be around her. I just want to experience how it feels to be starting our lives together both Farouk and i as a married couple by ourselves. On the other hand, i pity Ibu. She has been living on her own (Of course with my other siblings) since Ayah has decided to marry another. Although it was like 7-8 years ago, i can see that Ibu has been traumatized with the whole process and still is. I understand how she felt even after all these years as i was the one who witnessed everything, the sorrowness of her life.

I look upon Ibu as one tough lady. Although her heart laments, she is strong enough to take care of us all until we have finally made it with our careers and two of us ; Door (My elder sister) and i have married. One thing i truly admire about Ibu is her good nature for not doubting people although some may took advantage of her in various ways for that. She may be old but many people commented that she does not even look 50 herself. For me, she is still beautiful in her own way and still very much young at heart as you can almost share everything with her like bestfriends would do.

Ibu, i know that i may hurted you with my words because everytime it always come out straight away from my eccentric mind. To be frank, i did not mean to hurt your feeling but just want to tell you the truth and make you realize that world is not that kind anymore as you would imagine because you never judge and let people fooled you because of your good nature. The truth is, i love you so much and would not want to be the one witnessing the day you are going to leave us all. I pray that everything will turn out your way soon and will give everything i could to make you happy because you have suffered enough. I wish you all the best and will be there for you whenever you need me. Insyallah.

Last but not least, thank you Ibu for bringing me into this beautiful world.Thank you for guiding and comforting me during my rainy days. Thank you for everything. Long live, Ibu. And by the way, i get emotional while writing this.


No comments:

Post a Comment