Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Best Friend:)

Salam and hello boys and girls. In this entry, i would like to talk about bestfriend(s). Do you have bestfriend(s)? Some of you might wonder why i put 's' in a bracket. It is just to indicate that some of you out there might have more than one bestfriend.

As a daughter to an Asistant District Officer (ADO), i have been always moved here and there within the district of Johor. I have lived in Pengerang when i was still a baby, in Johor Bahru when i was a toodler, in Mersing when i was five to seven years old, in Labis when i was eight to thirteen years old, in Tangkak when i was thirteen to sixteen years old and finally moved back to Johor Bahru for good right after i completed my Sijil Rendah Pelajaran (SRP). From the above description, you can imagine that i have been living in different districts, houses of course, changing schools and last but not least, meeting new friends and say good bye to the old ones.

From the life circle that i had during my childhood, i think it is rather hard for me to classify whether is there any of all the people i met in my life, is my bestfriend. For me, those who are close to me or at least were close before are or were my good friends. There are tons of different meanings between 'good' and 'best' if you were to compare. It is not their faults, it is not you and it is me. I personally is not the friendly kind of person who you can laugh your heart out during our first meeting. I rather sit back, watch them and see whether we can match up to each other personalities and behaviours. Since forever, most of the people have been labelling me as 'the girl with fierce look' or 'that unfriendly being' no matter whether it is in schools, during my uni years and even after i enter this corporate world. Those were first impressions from strangers who bearly knew me, who judged but never could see the real me if they were really my best pals.

I must admit that i am totally not so into social activities. No matter if it is fun in the sun with not so close beings or just a friendly talk to strangers. But it changes when i met my colleague, Zura. She is chubby, bubbly, extremely funny and i laughed my heart out when we were together. We shared lot of things together, gossipping, went to catch our favourite movies and spent time like a silly couple on those sleepless nights texting each other about life and feelings. It was so much fun even if we did argue about work and things we did not agree about.

That was before. It was like three years back and then she left me for good. Slightly one month before she left, we had our big fight. Yes, it did not happened for a long queque (two days) but then she told me that she is leaving Johor Bahru to obtain an Educational Certificate in Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang in order for her to become a teacher. I remembered that we spent our last night together right after work until midnight, talking, crying and letting out the feelings about almost everything. That was the last time i ever see her in person and i must admit that she was and is going to be my bestfriend forever. She is my best buddy i have been searching my whole life and for right now, i miss her a lot.

Although i still keep her number, i only called her once and sent her few texts and that was it. I do not know why i never try to contact her. It might be because she is in my Facebook and i can still get updates on her life through statuses and photos she puts in her profile although she is not that active to share nowdays. I did asked her when shall we meet again? She said it is going to be in one fine day. Sweet.

Below is our photo together back in the old days and i really miss you, Zura....

No comments:

Post a Comment